Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And now I’m back, from outer space…

October 12, 2008 11:48 am



I ask, “Where are you?”


Joey says, “Sorry, sorry, almost there.”


Cab drivers, “Ma’am, taxi?”


I shake my head.


Joey arrives, I mutter, “What a homecoming.”


Joey says, “I’m sorry I’m late but I’m so glad you’re here! I missed you so much! And I dream of you! I was dreaming of you kanina. We were running away from this monster then I thought while looking at you Tangna ang sexy talaga. Parang Angelina Jolie. I can’t wait for you to live with me and we’ll have so much fun!*Evil laugh*


I laugh, “Nyek! Angelina Jolie pa talaga eh! Grabe ka naman Beh! Scary! Huwag po!”


I add, “Beh, I cured Pao-Pao na off that Sindirila! Tangnang turn-off talaga eh.”


Joey laughs.


We catch up.


Later on, I say, “There’s this number that keeps on texting me…”




(Unknown number 1)

Hi.

(I replied)

Who’s this please?.

(No reply)

(Unknown number 1 two-three-day-running)

Gud am.

Hi.

Cn u b my frend?.

Hi.

Gud pm po.

Hi.

Jesus cares for u! if some people tries to pull u down…be proud of it; it only means u are ABOVE THEM because JESUS is carrying you.! Gd nyt n I love you. Mwuaaah…



(HUWAT!-DA!-PAK!)

(I replied)

Who’s this please?

(No reply)



I text Adam, “I have this idea…I wanna do permutations of…”


Adam replies, “Paano?”


I say, “…and so on…”


Adam says, “Ah!”



(Unknown number 1)

Sinsya n dae n ako reply kagabi


(SINSYA KA NA REN PIRO HULE KA! TRACING…AH!)

(I reply)

I don’t know you& I’d appreciate it if you don’t text me anymore. Thanks.

(Unknown number 1)

Crush kc kita. Masama po b ang mag hanga s u?

(SA ME? DIYOS KO PO! WHY GOD????????? WHY??????????)



I wail, “Tangna Beh! Eto na naman yun number oh! Crush raw ako oh! Ang labo! Istorbo lang eh.”


Joey laughs, “Beh, you’re cutting a swath…”


I laugh, “Alam mo naman, patok nga ang beauty ko sa mga tricycle driver, janitor, guwardya…Ibinigay ko ‘tong number dun lang naman sa drug testing center and LTO forms nung kumuha ako ng license. Balot na balot na ‘ko nung pumunta ko dun ha? Kulang na lang magmukha akong lalake. Tangna paano ‘to matitigil kaya na di maging stalker?”


Kuya Chipmunk sends a message, “…Stil here doin my fu**n reports! So, hw ws it travelin’ alone he he”


I reply, “…Froze my butt off…And next time, I’m bringing a stuffed toy!”



(Unknown number 1)

Galit k po b? Humahanga lang po ako s u.


(I reply)

Di kita kasi kilala at di ko alam kung paano mo nakuha number ko. Kung nakuha mo dahil nakalagay ito sa isang form, bawal ho yan. Lalo na kung ikaw ay taga andun sa drug testing center or sa LTO. Salamat sa paghanga pero may boyfriend na po ako ng sampung taon at ikakasal na next year. Hayaan niyo, may darating din na magmamahal sa ‘yo. (Kasi sayang lang ang oras and load mo sa kakatext sa’ kin.)



I say, “Beh, sinagot ko na. Look at what I sent.”


Joey laughs, “Baka mas kulitin ka niyan?”


I say, “Nah.”



(Unknown number 1)

Ikakasal kn pala, sana makakoha ako n katulad mo.


(NAKUP! SANA HINDI KOYA! MABUBUWANG KA LANG DUDONG!)

(AYAN NA, SI JESSA ZARAGOZA IKAKASAL KA NA…)

(KATITANG, WAG KANG TITILI: DI PA.)

(TANG INA ANG SAMA KO OH.)

(PERO AYAN, TAPOS!)


No more messages from Unknown Number 1.


I say and send, “So, meetings, meetings, meetings…”


Joey laughs.


Kuya Chipmunk sends a message, “…Wow, meetings busy gal wid stalkers on d syd….rock rules”



I laugh and send, “Having stalkers is not flattering. It’s fucking scary.”


Adam sends, “Kumusta si Daddy-o?”


I reply, “Ayun, matamlay, recuperating pa rin, malungkot na umalis ako, pati mga bata. Hay...”


Adam asks, “You’re back?”


Joey asks, “Adam?”


I say and reply, “Yep.”


Adam says, “Ayuz!”


Joey says, “He’s fretting that you might not be writing raw.”


I laugh and say to Adam, “Pag naginterweb ka na, may curtsy-cracker post ako. I’m tweaking this piece pa, last na…”


I laugh to Joey, “Tawa raw ng tawa run si Twiggy eh.”


I update on projects.


I report to Magpie while playing with the kittens.


I call Dad to check on his breakfast.


I send a message, “…good morning! I’m back. If you’re free, let’s meet tonight? Kuwentuhan tayo & bring world peace. ;)”


I tweak one piece.


I say, “Beh, tara, antok na ko. Tulog na tayo.”


I wake up to a reply to my message, “…Sure…Just drop by…I’ll just be here…And I could use the company…Around 9 pm…See you and Joey. J


I say to Joey, “Tangna, ramdam ko na ngayon yun pagod oh.”


Joey says, “Matanda na tayo.”


I say, “Yep. Sakit ng katawan ko. Ilang araw kaya bago mawala ‘to?”


I reply to message, “Sige, punta kami diyan ng 9 pm w pasalubong.”


I send another message, “Beer ba tayo? Ayaw mo red wine? Sayang mga bote rito eh. Di kasi ako umiinom sa bahay eh. Tunggain na natin. Hehehe.”


Reply, “Ok, better! Thanks. Bring a lot then. Haha!”



(Unknown number 3)

…at mag;net café katipunan TONIGHT! Be with us as we create love, power and the miraculous with the music you’ve come to love! Free admission, 8 pm to 9:30 pm. (Smiley)


I say, “ …punta muna kami gig nila sa magnet. I-surprise ko. Hanggang 9 lang naman sila eh. Oki?”


Reply, “Yep…”


We arrive in Mag:net, “May milagro raw dito? Mabubuntis ba ko diyan sa milagrong yan?”


Chorus, “Hey! When did you get back? Ma’am! Puede!”


I laugh, “Kaninang umaga lang. Kaninong number yun?”


Answer.


I see an estranged boy who will play the guitar and laugh, “Uy! Andito ka! Milagro nga!”


I listen, back to taking down notes, three beers.


After, the estranged boy says, “You look happy! Young! It’s good to see you!”


I laugh, “Ay oo masaya talaga ko! Natuwa naman ako bumalik ka. Ikaw kasi eh. Pero ang galing pa rin talaga ng kamay mo! Ayan, happy!”


Later, (I say, Shit. 4 out of 14 only? You sucked. Ang kalat ng tunog mo!)

(He says, Yeah, sorry, sorry.)

(I say, Nakakaturn-off eh. This is why I don’t tell you when I’m coming. Huli na naman kita tonight. When was the last time you slept? You’re thin and you look tired. What the hell have you been doing?)


He laughs, “Pinagalitan ako oh!”



I say, “Huh, alis na kami. Puntahan kita next week and usap tayo.”


Joey introduces me before we leave, “Rom, this is my girlfriend.”


I smile, “Hey! I finally meet you! I’m a fan of your work! Sa City Jam pa lang, tapos sa Surya!”


Rom (Villaseran) laughs, “Talaga? Wow! Thanks!”



I laugh, “…Joey has always said mailap ka raw eh.”


Rom asks, “What’s mailap?”


Joey laughs, “Mahirap hagilapin.”



Rom laughs, “Punta kayo sa opening ng exhibit ha? It took me five years to work on these.”


I say, “Beh, andito na ba ko niyan? Ay basta, punta kami.”


Malaine arrives, “Uy! Alis ka na? Para kay Tara tonight.”


I say, “Oo nga eh. May pupuntahan pa kasi kami. Next time. Teka, eto, para kay Tara.”


Malaine teases, “Yan naman Mare eh, dolyares pa talaga, ipapalit ko pa ‘to!”


I laugh, “Tangna wala na kamo akong ibang pera. Tingnan mo wallet ko oh. Punta ka sa Happy Monday ha? Para dalhin mo na rin yun shawl ko.”


Malaine laughs, “Text mo ko para ma-text kita. Bago phone ko eh. Nawala lahat number! Punta ka sa birthday gig ha?”


I laugh, “Oh siya, siya. Kasi nga mag-ingat ka pag rarampa!”


I see Drey sitting by the Poet’s Alcove, “Hey!”


Drey laughs, “First time kong makitang naka-shorts si Joey ah!”


I laugh, “Oo nga no! Sige, mauna na kami.”


Text message, “…Where are you na?”


I reply, “Papunta na po.”


We arrive and as I hug, I say, “Namiss mo ko no?!”


Laughs, “Kumusta Daddy mo?”


I say, “Pare, ‘di cancer!”


We cheer.


We share stories.


We rant.


We laugh.


We hope.


I exhale.


All back to business in the Jungle:


Even this unholy hangover from two bottles of red wine:


Especially Guns N’ Roses “Welcome to the Jungle” in my head.


Masakit sa ulo.


No comments: