Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HAPPY MONDAY

*I QUACK FOR HUMBLE PIE PAHTEH!*

October 21, 2008 12:43 pm



In the 38th Happy Monday [October 20 2008] and book launch of Mads Bajarias PEPSI TASTES FUNNY WHEN IT’S CHRISTMAS EVE & YOU’RE ALONE EATING CANNED TUNA---



Witty

“marketing secrets of jesus christ revealed!”

...

4

He sensed that the times called for a bad boy-image. So Christ

Put on the brooding mien. Wore his hair longish. And ran

Around with dozen sycophants. But then came Barabbas,

A charismatic Steve McQueen-type who massacred the bandit shtick.

Barabbas appealed to a far wider demographic.



Wacky

“your cats& those beastie boys vids”

I stared at little Dutch and telepathed,

“How come you sound like Jean-Luc Picard?”



Teary

“wake”

And then it hits me

that this state of grace

is pretty much like

being in love.



And then there’s

“O”

(Buy the book and read Y it’s O)



---poetry collection available for 200 pesos in Mag-net: Cafe Katipunan (I don’t know if it’s available in Avalon.ph, just check) which I will give to my Pops for reading


---there were a bunch of too-rowdy-hooligans near the stage.


I laughingly asked after, “Who are those little frakkers?”


Laughing answer:

Fellows from the recent Ateneo Heights Workshop

(and maybe even the Ateneo National Writers Workshop).


Laughing answer:

Ang yayabang karamihan dun sa mga bata, ‘no?

Di nakikinig.


Laughing Answer:

Mukhang naghihintay lang for their turns on the microphone?


I looked on my notes, written about one of the fellows’ readings was:


YAH---IT’S ABOUT WRITING---YAH----IN FILIPINO---YAH---ABOUT PANGUNGULILA---YAH---BECAUSE I REALLY JUST WANT TO BE WITH YOU---YAH---THAT’S WHY I DON’T WANT TO WRITE ABOUT WRITING ABOUT PANGUNGULILA NA FOR YOU---YAH---BECAUSE I JUST WANT TO BE WITH YOU NOW NA----YAH---NA THE TITLE OF THIS NEXT POEM IS THIS TULANG, YOU KNOW---YAH---THE TITLE IS SAYING WHAT THE POEM IS ALL ABOUT---YAH—I MAKE THE LISTENER FEEL LIKE A WOW-IDIOT, HA---YAH---YA-YA!



FELLOWS: the appellation fellow does NOT automatically mean that you are SO GOOD therefore you automatically have writing APOGS.


FELLOWS-NGA-NAMAN-OW: After a workshop, fellows usually think “YAHOO! I’M NOW A WRITER!” or “SHET! I CAN’T WRITE! HU-HU-HU-HU!”


FOR FUN FELLOWS: Please include in the Ateneo Creative Writing/Workshop Program a subject on humility because, well, it seems that Blue-Eagle-Blood-Products have a tendency to crash and burn in that category.


AND THE WINNER FOR THE NIGHT

(BESIDES MADS BAJARIAS)

(and Chingbee Cruz’s katawkot autograph for me in her Elsewhere book)

(my once-ma’am is hoping to read my first book soon daw)

(and nakakalowkang Language Poetry of Allan Pastrana and Emong de Borja)

(latter should improve, please, on oral reading)

(because I and Lawrence in the back were saying What? Ano raw?)

(And Language Poetry seems better apprehended on page)


iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

LOURD DE VEYRA:


His performance began with his own

“ENOUGH OF SO-CALLED POETRY EXPERTS”

Which is a delightfully instructive treatise on poetry

And what is poetry is it is


And on my notes:

Well, he slapped all of us there: YAHOO! I LIKE!


And he ended his performance with a reading of

Mads Bajarias’

“Critic”:


A sightless old dog at rest ruminating on the philosophical ramifications of fetching sticks.



And Puss-in-Boots says:

“Buti na lang I’m not a dog!”


And Porcupine-in-Stilettos says to Puss:

“Daga ka, Diday. Mouse ba. Yah, trust me, I’m a phooeytry- expert.”


And Lunatic-the-Duck says to Puss and Porcupine:

Mga buwang!

All poetry is speculative!

And it’s all creative nonfiction!


And the Easter Bunny says:

What’s up doc? Quack! Quack!

I laughed and clapped in the back.



Now,

Let’s go to

ANG BANDANG SHIRLEY

(Jackson)

Scary

aka Debut

Themesongs album

pre-Halloween costume party

on

October 25 2008

7 pm

Kolektib, Cubao X.

Pahteh!

TOGETHER!

No comments: